Monday, April 04, 2011

Daily recipe and photo fun


Today I am working on a couture dress made entirely from recycled stuff from Resource in Boulder. I will be having a show of some of my fashion work on May 13th at Boulder Blooms on the hill. Please come. Jerrica Park, florist extraordinaire and I decided to have some fun first. We wanted to shoot a few more models with a floral theme and decided to use the recycled product for our outfits. So far so good. Although sewing window screening into a gown is a little dangerous. Lots of holes in my fingers. But we are having a blast and I can't wait to shoot the dresses. I'll post them when we are done.


Now for my recipe of the day. This is for busy moms who are somewhat health conscious but busy to boot.


Hamburger pie.


2 lbs of hamburger

1 small bag frozen mixed vegetables

2 cans beef gravy

mashed potatoes-you can use instant or I make my own.

brown the hamburger and drain. mix in the frozen veggies and the gravy and mix well.

put the mixture into a baking dish

top with the mashed potatoes, usually about 4-6 cups, I usually wing it

bake at 350 for one hour.

The kids love this and it is dairy free if you make the mashed potatoes with olive oil and water.

Very yummy.

Enjoy.

No comments: