Thursday, April 07, 2011

Fish tacos and photo tips


Tonight was fish tacos. Sometimes it's just wine. Sometimes I just can't take making another meal. Breakfast, lunch, dinner I get over it. But I do believe in the family dinner.

So back to the tacos.


I usually use Cod, Talapia or Catfish. Use whatever you like. You can also make this dish with hamburger, add cheese, or chicken, no cheese. The tip with chicken is Lawry's seasoning salt. Get the fish breading in the fish department, bread and fry your fish. While the fish is frying you can cut up cilantro, jalapenos and Serranos. Put them in dishes. Then make the coleslaw. Buy pre-made coleslaw and mix with a little mayo and some lemon. Put all those things on the table. I like to use a bunch of different hot sauces and salsas. Get soft corn tortillas and warm them up. Then serve. It is easy, fast and delicious. I usually eat way more than I should, but that's the mid western girl in me. Big families, fear of not having enough food. Like I said I love food. So eat and enjoy.


Now a photo tip. When taking a portrait people generally try and turn their subjects so there face is towards the sun. The problem with that is that they squint, have shadows under the eyes and generally are unhappy because they can't see. The trick is this. Turn them around. The sun will be out of their eyes, you will get a great hair light and everyone will be happy. And you must put your flash on for a fill light. If you forget the flash, the face will be underexposed. That is key in this lighting situation. Try it and see. Let me know how it worked out.

No comments: